This is a guest post from Bethany – the founder of CoYo coconut yogurt.
In case you haven’t heard… paleo-friendly and delicious CO YO is the yogurt of the moment.
During my early career as a nutritionist, I became really frustrated with the lack of good quality, non-soya dairy alternatives that I could recommend to my clients.
We all know and love the coconut for being a bountiful source of quality MCTs and a general all round nutritional powerhouse, so it makes sense that coconut milk would make the base for a creamy and nourishing yogurt product. Turns out it does!
I’m really passionate about keeping our yogurts clean – they’re made with 100% coconut milk – no added anything. Our natural yogurt is incredibly versatile for sweet and savoury cooking as well as on its own but we also make seven other flavours. All of them are made with an entire coconut per 100g of yogurt and no added fillers or sugars.
You’ll find CO YO in vanilla, raw chocolate, and all-natural fruit varieties (mixed berries, morello cherry, mango and pineapple). These fruit compotes contain no added sugar and are blended with natural coconut yogurt to harness the benefits of coconut fats and live cultures.
CO YO’s natural flavour is lovely on its own or with muesli and smoothies as well as in curries, dips and baking. In case you need inspiration, here’s a couple of tasty ideas…
1. Banana and almond butter ice cream.
*2 frozen bananas
*1 tbsp almond butter
*Pinch of cinnamon
*2 pitted dates
*1 pot vanilla CO YO
Whizz it all together in a blender and serve straightaway
2. Coconut plum crumble.
*1 vanilla bean pod
*Paleo granola (we love Paleo Foods Co.)
*CO YO vanilla and nutmeg ice cream to serve
1. De-stone the plums and place in a pan with a little water and a vanilla bean pod. Cook gently with the lid on until plums soften
2. Then place in ramekins and cover with Eat Evolve paleo granola. Then place in the oven and bake on 120 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned. Serve with a dollop of CO YO vanilla and nutmeg ice cream (yes – we make 100% coconut milk paleo-friendly ice cream too…)
*Squeeze of lime juice
*Pinch of paprika
*1 diced tomato
*Natural CO YO
1. Blend the avocado, lime, paprika, garlic, onions and tomato.
2. Stir through a tablespoon of natural CO YO before serving with crudités.
You can grab CO YO from selected Tesco, Waitrose, Wholefoods, Planet Organic and independent health food stores throughout the UK and Ireland and on www.ocado.com.