I’m excited to let you know that Rosita’s Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is now available to buy in the UK from Pure Nutrience.
“As soon as the EVCLO product became available, I ordered some. I noticed right away that it smelled, looked, and tasted fresh. This, together with Rosita’s transparency and third-party testing, was enough to convince me to switch over to EVCLO and begin recommending it to my tribe.” – Chris Kresser (read more here)
This is a pure Norwegian fish oil from Rosita Real Foods known as EVCLO or Extra-Virgin Cod Liver Oil, which has a pale golden color and a very mild fishy taste.
What will you find in this article?
- 0.1 BENEFITS OF EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL
- 0.2 HOW EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL WORKS
- 0.3 HOW EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL DIFFERS TO OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS
- 0.4 WHO IS EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL SUITABLE FOR?
- 1 150ML PURE COD LIVER OIL
- 2 Looking for a 30 day paleo challenge to help you lose weight and feel better? Try our 30 Day Paleo Diet Weight Loss Plan!
BENEFITS OF EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL
The main benefits of extra virgin cod liver oil include:
- Supports heart health by modulating blood lipids including HDL, triglycerides and LDL
- Supports brain health by providing DHA and EPA nutrients
- Reduces inflammation by helping to optimize omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acid ratios
- Provides vitamin A and D3 support for bones, teeth and skin benefits
HOW EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL WORKS
The secret process for extracting the oil revolves on the natural seasonal changes to the oil retention by the liver. The cod livers are harvested immediately after the cod are caught and the oil is maintained under optimum conditions until securely bottled for you consumption.This unique manufacturing process yields fresh, wild and raw cod liver oil preserving the nutritionally valuable nutrients such as fat soluble vitamins A and D, antioxidants and natural sterols.
HOW EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL DIFFERS TO OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS
Organic Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil (EVCLO) has higher micronutrient levels (vitamin A and vitamin D3) and lower oxidized fatty acid levels (rancidity) than other cod liver oils.
It achieves this by:
- Using sustainably caught wild cod from the Norwegian Atlantic sea. They are 100% wild and thus organic.
- Using a unique oil extraction process that preserves the original nutritional value of the cod liver.
In typical cod liver oil processing the micronutrients are damaged or destroyed and a large percentage of the omega fats oxidized. This is due to use of modern processing such as alkali refining, bleaching, winterization, deodorization, heat processing and mechanical processing.
The extra-virgin name means that it has undergone none of these processes. As a result, it is the only Cod Liver Oil licensed worldwide to use the term ‘extra virgin’ in its description.
Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil vs. Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Fermented Cod Liver Oil like “Green Pastures” also avoids most of the modern day processing in order to preserve the oil’s nutrients. However, recent research and lab test comparisons have shown that while the micronutrient levels are preserved in fermented cod liver oil, the oxidized fatty acid levels are high (which you can check for yourself based on the rancidity smell – a more fishy taste and smell of the oil tends to indicate higher rancidity levels).
The difference between extra virgin and fermented cod liver oil is in the process for extraction of the oils. Fermented cod liver oils use the process of fermentation to extract the oil, while the extra virgin oil is extracted via a natural process which avoids the fermentation process – and provides a fresher oil with lower oxidation levels (and thus lower rancidity).
Note that only fermented cod liver oil with butter oil contains Vitamin K2 as the K2 comes from the added pastured butter oil.
WHO IS EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL SUITABLE FOR?
- EVCLO provides nutrients in which almost everyone is deficient in the modern world. These include vitamins A and D3 and omega-3 fatty acids.
- EVCLO is a high quality source of omega-3 fats (DHA and EPA), as it contains them in good proportion to be able to address the typical modern day omega-3 to omega-6 ratio bias that causes inflammation.
- It is also among the top recommended superfoods for its high density of micronutrients, vitamins A and D3, which are critical for the immune system, and the skin.
- Women who are considering pregnancy or are pregnant could consider EVCLO as support for the birth as it provides essential nutrients for a well-nourished pregnancy, and necessary fats for the development of the baby’s brain.
150ML PURE COD LIVER OIL
- The Only Non-Processed Cod Liver Oil. Classified as Extra Virgin by Norwegian Government Thanks to a Unique Process that Extracts the Oil without Heat, Chemicals, or Mechanical Processing.
- Glass Bottled Fresh & Unrefined in Norway
- Only Naturally Occurring Vitamins A & D (*Vitamin content varies since it is a natural product)
- Vitamin D3 400-500 iu/tsp*
- Vitamin A 3000-5000 iu/tsp*
- Recommended Fish Oil by Bestselling Author and Health Expert Chris Kresser (see his post on EVCLO here)
- 100% Organic from Wild Cod and Kept in Raw State
Suggested Serving Size: One half (2.5ml) to one full Teaspoon (5 ml) daily
Servings Per Bottle: Approximately 30
It is suggested that you start with one half to one full teaspoon of Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil daily. For some half a teaspoon is all that is needed while others may require more or less depending on their body weight and type.
Because fat soluble vitamins can be stored in the body you may find that after several weeks of daily consumption you can reduce your intake or cut back to a maintenance dose.
STORAGE AND CONSUMPTION TIME
Proper storage is critical to conserving the nutritional properties of Rosita EVCLO. Light accelerates the rate of oxidation, causing oil to go rancid more quickly. So does heat. When using this product keep it away from direct sources of heat and sunlight.
Once you receive your Rosita EVCLO please refrigerate your bottle/ bottles (if you are going to consume the product fairly soon). For longer-term storage, unopened bottles can be stored in the freezer for improved shelf-life.
Once opened consume within 2-3 months. Overall, the oil must be kept dark and cold.
The oil may become cloudy and thicken when refrigerated or frozen. This is no cause for concern. Gently shake before use.
Consult with your physician before using doses substantially higher than recommended, or taking this product if you are pregnant or lactating, diabetic, allergic to fish or iodine, using blood thinners, anticipate surgery, have a diagnosed cardiovascular condition, nutrient absorption issues, dealing with a chronic disease, bleeding or immune system disorders. Keep out of reach of children.
If you or your child has never consumed fish or fish oil, or if you suspect a food allergy, consult your doctor prior to using a fish body oil/fish liver oil product. As an additional insurance, you could also rub a small amount of the Rosita Organic Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil into a small area on the skin, such as the lower leg.
THIRD PARTY LAB TEST RESULTS
All batches of Rosita Real Foods’ EVCLO are thoroughly tested for nutritional value, fatty acid oxidation (rancidity) and heavy metal contaminants. The company is the most transparent provider of fish oil on the market, and the lab test results reveal the extra virgin cod liver oil to meet superior standards (high nutrient content, lower fatty acid oxidation, and lower contaminants) than other oils on the market.
For the complete set of lab test results visit Rosita Real Foods’ lab test results page.
RELEVANT RESEARCH STUDIES
Review of study supported benefits on Examine.com for fish oil: Strong level of evidence found for reduced triglycerides, reduced symptoms of depression, increased HDL, reduced ADHD in children, reduced inflammation and reduced blood pressure.
Note that the above research overview is of standard modern processed fish oils. It is expected that modern processed cod liver oil, and even more so Extra virgin cod liver oil, would have further positive benefits due to the higher quality of its nutrients.