By : Paleo Britain December 23rd, 2014
A classic frittata, or Spanish omelette: Potato, eggs, onion, and cheese.
- Method :
- Preheat grill to high, or oven to 180°C.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, drain well, and leave them to steam themselves dry for 10 minutes whilst the rest of the ingredients are being prepared.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan. Add the butter. When the butter begins to foam, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and pepper, and cook gently for 5 minutes more. Add the peas, and cook for 1 minute.
- Make sure that the ingredients are evenly distributed around the pan, and pour in the eggs. Allow them to gently cook for 2-3 minutes (which will set the base) then transfer to the grill or oven and cook until set - approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Grate over a little cheese and garnish with the fresh herbs. Serve immediately.