The best place to buy paleo snacks in the UK is Perfectly Paleo, an online paleo shop that have loads of snack choices and other paleo staples too www.perfectlypaleo.co.uk.
Or check out Primal Snack Box for the UK’s only paleo snack subscription service www.primalsnackbox.co.uk. You can get 15% off your first Primal Snack Box by entering the code PALEOBRITAIN at the checkout.
Great homemade paleo snack ideas:
- Kale Chips/Crisps
- Toasted Coconut Flakes with cinnamon & salt (sort of like popcorn!)
- Paleo Granola
- Homemade paleo granola bars
- Trail mix – I like a mix of coconut flakes, goji berries, pumpkin seeds and dark chocolate pieces
- Cashew nuts mixed with honey, chilli and desiccated coconut
- Plus the easy options of a piece of fresh fruit, a handful of nuts or seeds, or a small pot of olives
Below are a list of our favorite paleo snacks that you can buy in the UK and which are good for on the go
- Craving crisps?
Choose Biltong, Jerky or Pork Crackling instead or try Perry Court Farm’s dried apple or pear crisps. Morrisons do air-dried beetroot crisps and Happy Snacks produce kale crisps in two flavours. Inspiral also sell kale crisps.
- Chocolate: choose 85% plus dark chocolate or raw chocolate
- I love 100% chocolate but it’s not for everyone! Hotel Chocolat do a great range of 100% chocolate bars. These bars are not cheap but you really do only need one or two squares at a time. The chocolate is so intense that a tiny amount satisfies any chocolate craving.
- Melt Chocolate also do a lovely 100% chocolate bar.
- Perfectly Paleo have a great choice of chocolate with offerings from The Raw Chocolate Company – read our guest post from The Raw Chocolate Company here and Love Chock
- Lindt, Green & Blacks & Divine all sell 85% dark chocolate bars
- Snack Bars/Energy Bars & Other Treats – Read our 2016 post on the Best UK Paleo Snack Bars
- Our favourite bars are The Primal Pantry bars which contain only 5 or less real food ingredients. They currently have 3 flavours, with more planned soon. You can buy them directly from their website or from Perfectly Paleo
- Primal Joy Foods sell paleo bars, bites, balls and brownies! These are all also available from Perfectly Paleo
- Jin’s Easy Paleo Treats – you can order directly from them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Jinspaleotreats
- Guilt Free Goodies – you can order directly from them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GuiltFreeGoodiesAndGifts
- Mr Prempy’s – raw & organic cakes that are gluten, soy, wheat, dairy and sugar-free
- Sprout into Life – energy bars and dessert pots
- Nakd bars – some of the Nakd range are suitable as a paleo snack, and they are widely available in most supermarkets, Holland & Barratt and other health food shops
- Caveman Cookies – cookies made from honey, ground almonds, nuts, dried fruit and spices. Also available from Perfectly Paleo, as well as Planet Organic and Wholefoods
- Crackers & seaweed thins
- RAW Health flax crackers only contain Organic Brown Flax Seeds (79%), Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Ground Caraway Seeds, Unrefined Sea Salt, Organic Garlic (1%), Organic Dried Marjoram (1%) and are available from Perfectly Paleo
- Itsu Crispy Seaweed Thins contain seaweed, olive oil and sea salt. Seaweed is packed with minerals, nutrients and vitamins. These are available from Ocado.com
- Or make your own seed crackers using the recipe here
- CoYo – available in Tesco, sometime Ocado have it and also online
- Coconut Collaborative – available from selected Waitrose stores