Cold days, blustering wind and icy rain all make you just want to snuggle up on the sofa with a good book and a steaming bowl of delicious food. Is there a better winter warmer than broccoli soup? The recipe below lends itself beautifully to being a wonderful homemade cup of soup or a tasty starter when having friends over.
- Method :
- Chop the garlic and all the veg except the broccoli and fry in a little olive oil for 5 minutes to soften
- Place the softened vegetables into a soup pan
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces and place in the soup pot and cover with the stock, bring to the boil
- Add the herbs and spices and carry on cooking until all the vegetables are soft, about 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the heat and, either with a hand blender or (if you have one large enough) pour into a stand blender, blitz until totally smooth.
- Add extra spice and herbs to taste if desired, serve topped with fresh parsley.