A Recipe for the Perfect Paleo Breakfast: Grain-Free Apple Pecan Pie Pancakes
Making your mornings matter more with this gorgeous Grain-Free Apple Pie Pancakes recipe.
Going paleo means less grogginess in the mornings anyway, but this lovely recipe will give you a great energy boost and will keep you fully satisfied until lunch. The apples are baked into the pancakes as well as forming a great topping too, so you get more filling than ever before! The ingredients used are all fully paleo and are exactly what our ancestors would have made… if they’d had a frying pan to hand!
Make these pancakes either small or large, thick or thin (I personally prefer small and thick), but make yours however you like in the final frying stage.
Try it out for yourself and see how much better your mornings become!
For more nutritional info, head over to My Well Being Journal and learn about how your body works, and what works for you.
- Method :
- Melt the 1tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Throw in the diced apples, pecans and cinnamon.
- Keep over the heat for around 7 minutes until apples have softened but aren’t mushy.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, coconut milk, honey and vanilla until well combined. Then add in the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- When the apples are cooked, fold half of the apple mix into the pancake mix and stir it all up.
- With the other half of the apple mix, add the coconut milk, oil and honey and stir until everything is well combined. Pop this to the side as you’ll now need to cook your pancake batter from before.
- Now you can cook your pancakes – pour out one third of the batter onto a frying pan and cook one side over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Once bubbles appear on top of the pancake, flip it over.
- Cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes or until browned.
- Drizzle the gorgeous apple topping over the pancake stack and serve!