Sardines with the bones are a great source of calcium, omega-3, contain some vitamin D and lots of other nutrients. You can buy a tin of sardines in olive oil for less than £1 making this a cheap lunch as it will make 4 portions.
I like to eat this pate with Raw Health crackers which you can buy from Perfectly Paleo – there are lots of different flavours available. Perfectly Paleo also sell Fish 4 Ever’s sustainably fished sardines, however these are a little more expensive than the supermarket own brands.
If you are looking for recipe inspiration, consider signing up to our 30 Day Paleo Diet Plan – you get 30 days of Meal Plans, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Recipes and Shopping Lists tailored to the UK market.
- Method :
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor including the oil from the tin of sardines. Reserve a little lemon zest for the top.
- Blitz in the food processor until completely smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into ramekins, scatter over the lemon zest.
- Cover the ramekins with Clingfilm and refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Serve with seed crackers, or with slices/strips of cucumber, celery, peppers or cos lettuce leaves.