By : Paleo Britain March 26th, 2014
Supermarket brands of mackerel pate (and most pates in fact) seem to be full of additives. Make your own for a nutrient dense topping for grain-free crackers. Mackerel is a good source of omega-3 fat.
- Method :
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, pop it in a frying pan with a little oil and sauté until softened.
- Remove from the heat and put the onion, garlic and some fresh parsley into a blender or food processor and blend together. Allow to cool.
- Remove the skin from the flesh of the mackerel fillets, pull the flesh into flakes and add to the onion mixture. If using tinned mackerel, drain the fish and then add to the onion mixture.
- Blend once again until all the ingredients are well combined and smooth. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- If preparing as a starter, serve into 4 individual ramekins and top with fresh parsley.