We all agree that paleo eating is great; the food is fresh, it’s healthy, tasty and easier than calorie counting but…there is one fatal flaw to it – no fried chips! We Brits love our fried potato friends to accompany fish, burgers, sausages…well, really to accompany anything! Although they aren’t as crispy as their fried potato cousins, sweet potato chips are just as gorgeous and work well with any dish you’d usually serve normal chips with. The added bonus is you can change their flavour almost completely by adding different herbs or spices before cooking!
- Method :
- Preheat your oven to 190c-200c and cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into chips of even sizes.
- Arrange the chips on the prepared baking tray and toss them in the coconut oil, pepper, salt and your choice of seasoning if you decide to season them, going natural is just as delicious.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, remove and turn each chip before returning them to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Check your chips – if they are still tender in the centre but browned at the edges, they’re fit for consumption. Simple, quick and delicious!