Tarragon (Artemisia Dracunculus)
Zoic bar is a handmade, no-nonsense bar that literally has everything your body needs. It is prehistoric nutrition modernised. No processed foods, added sugar, soy, gluten, dairy, or GMOs. Just all essential nutrients. Oh, and some insects.
We at Zoic believe that well-being starts with good nutrition. And by good I mean healthy food that also tastes great. We have recently developed the second flavour of Zoic bars. This time we used a special ingredient… and I don’t just mean the insects.
Zoic’s mighty new ingredient is tarragon, the Dragon Herb. An exotic herb with anise-like flavour, its species name, ~dracunculus~, comes from the Latin word for ~dragon~ referring to the shape of its roots. Native to Europe, southern Russia and western Asia, tarragon is often called the ‘’King of Herbs’’ by the French, because it is the main flavouring in many dishes of classic French cuisine.
Tarragon Zoic bar is made from 4 real foods only:
- Almonds. An ancient treat, one of the first plants to be cultivated and surely a paleo favourite. Almonds are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, beneficial phytonutrients and vitamin E, an important antioxidant.
- Dates. Dates contain fast absorbing sugars and are also incredibly filling! These prehistoric sweets will immediately replenish your energy and revitalize your body.
- Mealworm flour. Insects are the star ingredient, bringing highest quality protein to the mix. Mealworm protein is rich in all of the essential amino acids and has even more branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) than beef! Mealworms contain more protein and iron than beef, more Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids than salmon, and more calcium than milk.
- Tarragon. Makes the Green Zoic bar a unique nutritional experience. It’s not just delicious, this herb is also a superb supplement to any diet, because it is high in vitamins, potassium, and other nutrients that have been proven to provide health benefits.
We want to make Zoic bar a perfect nutritional package. This means highest quality foodstuffs that contain both energy and non-energy giving nutrients:
- Protein that primarily builds our tissues, enzymes and signalling molecules.
- Lipids that build cell membranes, hormones, and provide a steady supply of energy.
- Carbohydrates, which our body needs to fuel explosive and rigorous efforts, and also to enable proper functioning of the immune system, regeneration of muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments.
- Probiotics that feed helpful microorganisms in our guts, which then produce metabolically beneficial compounds and signalling molecules.
- Micronutrients, such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that orchestrate and enable a range of metabolic functions.
We designed our bars to contain all of this in just the right amounts. That is why more and more top-level athletes and health food experts want to be part of the Zoic story. We call them our Ambassadors. These people know what they are talking about when it comes to nutrition. Our UK Ambassador Chris Shirley had this to say after trying Zoic bars:
“Simple, easily digestible. Ingredients make this bar perfect for endurance events – great that it’s a sustainably cultivated and an eco-friendly source of protein.” – Chris Shirley (Guinness World Record holder, 2x Ironman UK finisher, and former Royal Marines Commando.)
Thanks Chris, glad we could help you get that record!
But nutritional value means nothing if the bar doesn’t taste good. We don’t want to make a health food product that tastes like you’re eating mud-infused Styrofoam. Many similar bars on the market just focus on the nutritional value, but we wanted to make Zoic bar a complete experience. As it turns out, that was pretty simple. There’s no secret to why our bars taste good. When you mix high quality real foods without any artificial additives or processed ingredients you get a great tasting product. It’s as simple as that.
Don’t believe me? Try Zoic bars at http://zoicbar.com/shop
Your body will thank you for it.