Paleo Breakfast Ideas – courtesy of Paleo Britain Facebook fans – thank you!
- Turkey toast (minced turkey & herbs) with tomatoes, steamed salmon, banana chia loaf (made with coconut flour) with berries & cashew nut butter. All from the Fitter Food book and really delicious
- Apple dipped in almond butter! Yum
- Homemade granola with coconut or almond milk or granola from one of these companies:
Primal Joy Foods
- The Paleo Mom has some great breakfasts – we regularly have the plantain pancakes
and paleo porridge
- No oat oatmeal!
This is really AWESOME! Keep a stash of ground up nuts then add to the liquid. Sensational. All my non paleo friend and family love it too
- For me it’s a bulletproof coffee and one of my wife’s Paleo Granola Bars!
- Breakfast calzone. Use the eggs like an omelette but when nearly cooked spread tomato purée on it then add what you like to the middle fold over and cook for 5 mins makes eggs more exciting
- Make a batch of primal pancakes night before then reheat them in the morning with banana – yum!
- Protein pancakes with blueberries – 1 egg, half a banana, a fist of almond flour & cooked in coconut oil.
- Bacon wrapped bananas, always a winner!
- Previous days leftovers with bacon
- Dinner for breakfast! I love a huge chef’s salad for brekkie – pre chop almost everything the night before, throw together in the morning, cook up some bacon for bacon crumbles on top, sorted!
- Cold chilli and fresh guacamole, yum!
- Mince mix (make up a big batch of mince, veggies, seasoning) kale/greens, and homemade stock (bone broth)…really quick to heat through in the morning
- Our banana pancakes have eggs in them but don’t taste like they do – I combine two whisked eggs with one mashed banana and a large dollop of almond butter then cook them like drop scones (fry a desert spoon of mix in medium hot pan until you see small bubbles, then flip and fry for a few more minutes) Delicious with berries or bacon or anything really.
- Smoked salmon and prawns with melon. Yum
- Avocado and tomato salad
- Minced meat hash with meat, grated sweet potatoes, onions and greens, and these pancakes:
http://comfortbites.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/my-book-and-autoimmune-paleo-pancakes.html I’m on AIP so for breakfast anything goes, really! This morning I had a smoothie made with blueberries, banana and coconut milk
- Fruit and cold meat
- Banana pancakes! AMAZING! I use 6 eggs in my pancakes- banana, blueberries, nuts, seeds and cinnamon! Blend all and pan-fry in coconut oil! I used to use almond flour but I don’t even use that anymore.
- Smoothies packed with fruit/veg/bit of both with coconut milk and almond milk!