These carrots couldn’t be simpler to prepare, yet they taste as though you’ve slaved over them for hours. Ideally, use whole baby carrots, but the recipe can be followed in exactly the same way using large carrots cut into batons.
- Method :
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Trim the carrots to neaten up the top and tail ends and place them on a baking tray.
- Place the caraway and coriander seed in a pestle and mortar and coarsely grind. Add a good grind of black pepper and a couple of pinches of sea salt.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and add the spice mixture. Cook for 30 seconds, then pour the mixture over the carrots. Turn the carrots to thoroughly coat, cover with aluminium foil, and transfer to the oven.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes (depending on size), or until becoming tender. Remove the foil and glaze the carrots with the honey. As it melts it will create a basting liquid - use this to thoroughly coat the carrots. Return, uncovered, to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
- By now the carrots should have begun to caramelise. Baste once more with the honey/butter/spice mixture, and serve.