Avocado oil is a nutrient-dense oil that should be in everyone’s cupboard. It’s great for cooking, skin care, and digestive health and offers more benefits than I can list. It might just be the next coconut oil… maybe.
So what’s so great about avocado oil?
Oleic acid – The same fatty acid that makes olive oil so amazing, oleic acid is good for the immune system and can withstand oxidation much better than most oils. This makes it last longer without going rancid and better at withstanding high temperatures.
Vitamin E – An essential vitamin for healthy skin, hair and nails, vitamin E helps prevent the oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
Digestion – Avocado oil is great for gut health for similar reasons as avocado itself. Cold pressed avocado oil is rich in enzymes and healthy fats that help stimulate your body to repair itself.
My Favorite Ways to Use Avocado Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a wide-mouth mason jar, use an immersion blender and lift up and down for 30 seconds, presto, you’ve got delicious and nutritious homemade mayo!
- If you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender. Start by adding the egg and on medium speed slowly drizzle in the avocado oil until thick. Add the other ingredients and enjoy!
Creamy Lemon Basil Avocado Oil Dressing
Salad Dressings and Marinades. Try swapping avocado oil into your favorite salad dressing and marinade recipes.
- 1 Tablespoon homemade mayo
- ¼ Cup avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with fresh greens.
Tamari Ginger Avocado Oil Marinade
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup tamari
- ¼ Cup avocado oil
- Use as a marinade for chicken breasts, steak, tempeh or pork chops.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and process until super smooth.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health, details here https://real-food-for-health.co.uk/programs/restore-your-gut/ In the program, you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.
Or join me on my Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/paleobritain/ where I’ll be sharing more information, tips, and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.
To your wellness,
– Chloe Archard