Inner Me specialises in premium supplements. One of their points of difference are their strips, meaning your daily supplements are compacted into one easy ‘tear and go’ daily strip (perfect for your handbag!)
I recently sampled the ‘Essential Three’ – their pack designed to fit with the paleo diet. This pack contains premium and high strength vitamin D, live cultures (a.k.a. probiotics) and omega 3. These are the three essential daily supplements that experts recommend taking, no matter what age, sex or diet. You can read more about the product on Inner Me’s website.
The Essential Three pack contains premium and high strength grade:
- Vitamin D3 62.5µg (2500IU)
- Probiotic Lactospore® 15 billion complex capsule with psyllium husk
- High Strength Omega 3 DHA 220mg and EPA 330mg
What I liked about the Essential Three
- I love the idea of the strips, making these supplements super easy to take with you on the go and helping you remember to take them each day.
- The Probiotic Lactospore 15 billion complex with psyllium husk sounds like a fantastic probiotic and quite different to a lot of others on the market.
Here is some further information about the Lactospore probiotic contained in the pack:
- LactoSpore is a superior probiotic, which is room-temperature stable and does not require refrigeration
- LactoSpore is a spore of probiotic bacterium, Bacillus coagulans formerly known as Lactobacillus sporogenes
- LactoSpore is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS)
Why is it superior to other probiotics?
- Bacillus coagulans is the only spore-forming probiotic. Spore-forming gram-positive bacteria including Bacillus coagulans form a spore, a temporary non-reproductive structure, which consists of the entire hereditary information enveloped by a resistant outer coating. Spores can survive without nutrients and they are extremely resistant to adverse factors, such as ultraviolet radiation, desiccation, high temperature, freezing and chemicals. Spores can survive for extended periods because of resistance. They reactivate to the vegetative form when the environment is favorable
- Maintains viability during preparation and storage until consumption
- Keeps viability during the manufacturing process
- Survives the acidity of stomach and bile acids and digestive enzymes
- Germinates in the intestine, which is favourable for Bacillus coagulans spore reactivation
Personally, instead of Vitamin D and a fish oil capsule, I like to take Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil. This is a minimally processed cod liver oil that contains naturally occurring DHA, EPA, Vitamin D and Vitamin A. For me this is a more natural way to get the nutrients than taking something like the Inner Me supplements. That being said, at only £15 for a monthly pack, Inner Me’s Essential Three represents excellent value for money. A 150ml bottle of Rosita Cod Liver Oil costs about £25 and lasts roughly a month too. On top of this you would need to pay separately for a probiotic supplement.
More About Inner Me
In 2009 and diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Inner Me founder, Nikki Cooper went on a quest to find supplements that would optimise her health and wellbeing. Bewildered by choice and not finding anything she could relate to, the idea for Inner Me was born. Following extensive research, Inner Me was later launched in 2012, changing the days of monotonous and daunting supplement products forever.
Where to find Inner Me
- Tested and loved by its fans, Inner Me is available on monthly subscription from www.innerme.com
- Inner Me can also be found in selected Holland and Barrett stores and Whole Foods Market.
- Priced from £15-£20 for ‘Daily4’ packs offering 28 days’ supply, and from £15 for tailored skincare and haircare supplements.
Sign up to our 30 Day Paleo Diet Plan for 30 days of REAL FOOD recipes, NUTRIENT-DENSE meal plans, UK shopping lists plus daily motivational emails! You will be provided with all the breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes for the 30 days plus you will receive a FREE copy of our ebook containing an additional 100+ gluten-free and grain-free recipes.